What is Kooth?
Kooth is a free online counselling and emotional well-being support service providing young people aged 11-18 years (up to 19th birthday) in Portsmouth with a safe and secure means of accessing support with their emotional health and wellbeing needs from a professional team of qualified counsellors. By accessing Kooth young people can benefit from:
• A free, confidential, anonymous and safe way to receive support online.
• Out of hours’ availability. Counsellors are available from 12noon to 10pm on weekdays and 6pm to 10 pm at weekends, every day of the year on a drop in basis.
• Online counselling from a professional team of BACP qualified counsellors is available via 1-1 chat sessions or messaging on a drop in basis or via booked sessions.
• Discussion boards which are all pre-moderated allow young people to access peer to peer support.
• Online magazine full of moderated articles many of which are submitted by young people offering advice and guidance on a huge range of topics.
• No referral is required. Young people can register for Kooth independently at:
Please view this short video about the service: