Portsmouth Parent Voice (PPV) – What is a parent carer forum?;
- PPV – is part of the voluntary sector and is supported by the Local Authority and the Department for Education. We are under the umbrella of Portsmouth Disability Forum, who are a registered charity.
- PPV – is for YOU, the parent carer of a child or young person with an additional or special need and/or disability; aged from 0 – 25 years old, to voice your opinions on what you would like for your child or young person.
- PPV will assist you to find the right support or service you need.
- PPV aims to have the voice and active involvement of parent carers in the service planning and decision-making processes within the local authority and how services are shaped and delivered locally for families with a disabled child or young person, and to make them more focused on the needs of the families with disabled children and young people.
This is YOUR opportunity to express your views about what your child or young person needs. Let us help to enable you to make your voice heard about what support your child or young person needs by contacting us either by telephone or email.
PPV commit to provide;
- A regular e-newsletter “Impacting On You” to keep you informed and updated on current developments and activities: please see our News and Newsletter page.
- Coffee morning/information session in partnership with Autism Hampshire, Information Advice and Support Service and The Carer Centre.
- Help to organise family activities and parent support groups.
- A central telephone number and e-mail address.
- A Facebook page and a Twitter account.
- A central information store; links to other services and resources.
- Parent carer training.
Please note that we are an appointment only service. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07712 439 159 to make an appointment.